Friday, February 16, 2018

Africanized Bee 02/16



Summary: This week in class my teammate learned about the Africanized Honeybees. Africanized Honey bees are an invasive species that were created in a lab to make more honey than the average bee. While the Bee makes more honey they are also highly defensive and will not hesitate to kill threats to the hive. They have currently gone to South California and many southern parts of the U.S and all throughout Middle America

Backwards Looking:
I knew quite a lot about invasive species before working on this project. But I did not know much about the Americanized Honeybee, in fact; I had no idea they even existed. Some things I did learn about invasive species is that they have almost no natural predators and that all they do is feed while providing nothing for the ecosystem.

Inward Looking:
This piece shows how I can hone in on a specific topic and learn about the specific topic entirely. I went from the very broad topic of invasive species as a whole, then chose the Africanized honey bee and learned all about it. I learned about its origin how it behaves and good ways to stop the species from coming into ecosystems that are no theirs.

Outward Looking:
I would give this project a B. I would give the project a B because it gets the information across nicely but it is not visually appealing. It is more text heavy and requires more images than text. We went with a more text driven project though because it was the easiest way to convey what the species is all about and how to stop them.

Forward Looking:
One goal I would like to set for my self next time is to put more effort in. While I am happy with my current project I would like to have it be more visually appealing rather that just going for the easy way out and just making it text based. I want to get it done being better than just putting less time and effort into it than it truly deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment