Sunday, March 24, 2019

Musical Instrument Project

 
Image Link


Summary: Various different types of waves can affect the world in different ways. Like how sound waves can make things audible to the human ear, or how seismic waves can make the ground shake greatly. Even though you can't see them, this applies to electromagnetic waves as well, like how a UV ray can cause a person to get a sunburn, or how X-rays allow us to see inside of our own bodies. Almost, if not all waves can effect the world or the things on it in various ways.


Backward-Looking
In school I personally learned about sounds and waves beforehand, but did not know as much on the topic as I would have liked, meaning that I learned a lot about the topic by working on the project. Specifically things like: the different ways to measure the wavelength and amplitude of different kinds of waves. I gained a lot of knowledge by working on the project.

Inward-Looking
The thing I like the most about this project is the fact that it is flowing with creativity, showing how my team and I can take a task as simple as creating an instrument and making something incredible out of it. The one thing I dislike about the project is that some of the decorations on the instrument itself are lack luster, specifically the 'ears' on the side of the instrument look really bad and poorly done.

Outward-Looking
If I were to give this project a grade I would give it a A, because the project can play any note at a variety of pitches, and not to mention it doesn't take any real skill to play, along with its uniqueness. We made and incredibly interesting design for our instrument, and decided to go with a design that was simple but also really cool. While some parts of the instrument don't look that good, it mostly does as all of the other pieces of the instrument are cool references.

Forward-Looking
The one goal I would like to set for next time is:

When designing a unique solution to a problem, and my team and I hit a roadblock, than rather than doing a small and boring fix, we make it so that the solution fits into the project really well. I say that this is my goal because in our project we came to the roadblock of the sound not being very audible. So we came up with a quick fix to our problem, which was cutting holes in the side. I wish we came up with a greater solution next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment